Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Simple but Meaningful Birthday..

Completely Adapted from Yu Shaun's Personal Diary:

23/9/2008

To me, today's considered as my Big Day! Exactly 17 years ago, today's the day I was brought to this world. Happy or not, this is who I am now.

Yet, this year's birthday falls in the middle of SPM Trials examinations. Deep in me, i thought today will just end up like as if nothing happened at all, just another normal day. Every year I was just celebrating a simple birthday, I don't hope much and I am happy with it. It's been a long time since others throw a surprise party of stuffs like that on me. Plus, Everyone this year is busy studying on Trials, including me myself.

However, at sharp 12.ooam today, I was totally touched by more than 10 messages from friends who still remember my birthday. Some whom I lost contact with for a long time also wished me. I am so deeply touched. I didn't thought that simple wishes like that actually made me feel so contented. Although this year my D.O.B falls in the middle of examinations period, I feels that this year's birthday is way better than years before...


Wishes from (from my H/P):

1. Pui Yan (11.52pm)
-Terkejut when I got your message, how did you know my DOB?! you are the first, but haven't pass 12 =P anyway, thanks =D

2. Shi Chee (11.56pm)
-A good friend I knew from Gathering, and I can't believe we actually kept in touch for so long!! Miss ya since Melacca Trip =) Thx for da wishes!!

3. Yein Jiun (12.02am)
-You are officially the first to wished me on my 17th birthday!! =D Thanks Yein Jiun!! It's been a long time I haven't heard from you..let's hang out again sometimes ya..good luck in college!!

4. Win Jinn (12.02am)-Just seconds later to be the first.. =(
-A super incredible long message I received (equivalent to 6 pages)!! Probably the longest sms I ever received, and it's a birthday wish =D Terharu till wanna cry dy..hahax, thx for the super 38 message from the moz 38 Jinn XD I Promise will keep that message with me forever =D

5. Phui Yuk (12.03am)
-My dearest Panda Queen xP You actually didn't forget my BIRTHDAY!!! I thought you have forgotten this owner here~ sayang you more kay?? feed you more till fat fat always!! XD Panda form 5 this year yea..must study hard for SPM ok. Gambateh~

6. Win Nie (12.04am)
-Dai kah jeh from SAB!! wow..I did not expect your msg at all!! you knew my birthday from friendster hor =P I know you thought that you are the first but too bad la..anyway, I appreciate your message alot! thanks for the wishes even though it's in the middle of exams!!

7. Boey (12.08am)
-A new friend I made through Jinn!! ultimately, talking to you sure don't make me feel bored =) can crap whole day with you xD thanks for the very very nice wishes yea. Even though we knew for just awhile, but you sure are a fantastic friend. Btw, Where is my Boxers??? LoL...actually got a gigantic present for you geh..hehe..too bad my present missing =P notti MUI MUI!!!

8. 016-3940838 (12.17am)
-LoLx..don't know who you are but still thanks for the wishes k =D

9. Sze Kei (12.36am)
-947!! The president from Desa Perdana!! hahax..thanks so many times for da unsuspected message ya!! Haven't contact you for so long since you change your number, suddenly wished me..i Got a shocked!! and it's exam period..i din knw you remembered.. Miss the days we cooperated for RCG =)

10. Jun Kiat (1.05am)
-Finally!!! A wish from a GUY!!! The great GoldFish which transformed into Wu Guai Lou Dau suddenly..hahax! I still can never forget how you annoy and molest me in school =.=" everyday come near me and shout " shaunnnnnnn..." haha.. miss those days! Anyway, I was incredibly grateful to receive a msg frm a guy...or are you not? =P

11. Pyin Yea (1.13am)
-My dearest lui lui from SBU =D Love to hear your stories!! Papa very happy that you remembered my birthday today even though you are so busy studying midnight =).. i like the part you say, "imagine me singing happy birthday to you.."haha..cute =) Owe you one whole can of lolipops ya XD dun worry, papa will be heroic and handsome always!!

12. Melissa (1.35am)
-A friend from SMK Perimbun!!! I have known you for 2 years right?? Also from RC Gathering!! hahax..keep in touch k!! cherish our friendship =)

13. Joo Wen (6.38am)
-Oh my gosh..a tuition friend. I really did not know you will wish me...and how you know my DOB.. thanks alot k =) you even gave me present O.O even though tuition is over, I won't forget you one..not like what you told me XD so dun worry. Keep in touch k.

14. Li Jin (7.03am)
-APD Form 6 gal~ the gorgeous singer I know =) thanks for ur wishes and cake for you dear Mr.President!! hehex! Although I have retired, you don't notti notti and work hard to uplift the board ya..

15. Wenjing (2.38am)
-You almost forgotten my birthday!! hohoho~ nvm lar, at least you remembered just in time XP thanks for your wishes too..oh ya, remember you say want to make nice easter egg as present for me?? hahax!! joking oni lar, dun have to =)

16. Shok Yeen (3.41pm)
-Another Form 6 APD gal~ hey, thanks for ur wish and also your present!! (da wallet) you did not choose the wrong present k, juz perfect!!! I was looking for a wallet all the while, and now I an using the wallet you gave me =D you ah..always kacau Excos wan...don't be too 'monkey' in the board la, you are now Office Director right?? correct me if I am wrong..take care of the board for me ya..

17. Sam (7.20pm)
-Sam!!! The person who shares the same birth date as ME!!! Happy birthday to you too boy!!! hahaha...sorry that I can't recognise you when you called. But I did not expect you to have my contact number =) Juz, keep in touch always even if it's already after YLP!

18. Yuan Yi (phone call)
-Mr. Tall guy I knew in YLP!! gosh..you are so freaking tall you know, even though you are years younger than me!! how can you be taller than I AM!!! When you told me you are Form 1 last time, I was stunned xP anyway, terima kasih for da call.

(THE BELOW PART IS SPECIAL ADD-ON...NOT FROM MY DIARY)

That's all I have in my contacts. The rest are from MSN and comments from friendster which I haven't listed down like Mun Yeu, Paik Mann, Wilshen, Sai How...and others.

What else can I say?! So touching moment! So many people actually remembered my birthday today although I was so stuck in studying Physics for Trials tomorrow!! I was burning midnight oil and the handphone kept on beeping non-stop. The feelings can't be explained in words.. For the very first time I ahd so many wishes although I did not have any party going on..

Weirdly, all are girls and only a few guys in the list..hahaha...am I communicating with girls more than guys?? Loh Yuan Yi which I didn't keep in touch with him for even more than 1 year called me...Szekei remembered my 3square=9..even Win Nie wished..Jinn and Boey too, want buy a box of "akehm" as my BD present XD They were so funny..

Today is Physics Trials exams..early in the morning, I was surprised by the Lower Six girls in the VIAVB office when there suddenly gave me a surprise present!! Li Jin and the rest bought me a pretty decorated slice of cake while Shok Yeen even made me a 'shark faced' card and bought a wallet for me! Wow....I seriously did not know I would have received all these..Thanks, my lower 6, appreciate it all. Thanks to everyone =)



After school, I had another surprise.. I was walking back home then suddenly Alice, Jason, Wee Kiat and Mandy bumped into me!! They gave me a bottle of wine xD!!! Then we went off for a drink for awhile..and a cake!! those 4 close friends of mine from other schools, came here to present me this wine although it's exam period!!! Touchy touchhy..

In tuition, Joo Wen suddenly came to me after class and gave me a small porcelain vase as a Birthday prezzie and wished happy birthday =) I was stunned by her sudden action..but really do appreciate it! Thanks Joo Wen..

At night, mum bought me a birthday cake to celebrate in a simple way as usual. Another simple yet memorable day of my birth. Well, I still have to suffer for another few more days to end this trials. I have to work ! Never give up, EVER!!

Written on:
11.00pm, 23rd September 2008


This whole post is inspired by Wenjing's birthday post xD

No comments: