Alright, stepping into Form 4 life is a drastic change compare to the years before. It's a totally new level. All Victorians knew that, Form 1-3 and Form 4-5 are two distinguish groups..where Form 4-5 are more superior. I was so grateful for joining the executive group at last after so many years!! No more kuli's~haha.. I had so many hopes and dreams at that moment. What I wanna do for the school, for the clubs and societies and myself.
Oh yeah, I got into this class- 4 Hijau (so-called best class in the whole form) Yes IT IS the best class!! why? cause all those smart dudes gathered into this class!! I don't know whether this is a good thing or otherwise..but one thing for sure, my record of getting 1st in the class for the whole semester two years consecutively will surely come to an end this year..Yes, it became a reality, can't even get into top 3 in class for Year 2007 and 2008!! Never mind lar..still managed to stay in Top 10 list, boleh tahan juga =P
By the way, mustn't forget our dearest most understanding, strict and sometimes amusing class teacher, Puan Selvambigai!! She understands what youth is =) haha..
Chapter 17- Tricked?
Ok..this happened during the first week after school reopens for year 2007. My name and Jason's being called up by RC seniors - Joshua Hor (RC president & VIAVB Vice-President), Theen Chuan (Form 6 Senior & VIAVB President) and Jiun Kei(RC Youth Leader 1..paling tinggi protocol dy..and VIAVB Treasurer) Great, those guys are big shot in RC, so I have to go see them. Unlike Chee Hoe, which was actually being called up before me, he palau-ed their orders with some stupid excuses xD
Both Jason and I were brought into the Lecture Hall illegally during the very first school assembly. I can remember how the tense situation was. It was dark and quiet until those 3 fellas who summoned us showed up. I was still wondering what they want from us, who are just recently being promoted to NCOs after going through NCOC last December.
It was quite amusing when I heard that they actually want to pull us into this board-V.I.A.V.B. our objective is to = save the board. That time I was thinking..why ME?? Fyi, this board actually suffering from shortage of Form 4 members (seniors) who are going to take over the administration next year. Those who are in are only Ratheesh and Cheng Yan. Sry Cheng Yan, I couldn't recall whether you are already in the board when Jason and I joined or you came in after.
Well, they sweet-talked us for 2 hours to pursuade us to join. I never thought of joining this board at all, and used to condemn it xP Suddenly ask me to join?? You gotta be kidding.. I tried to reject but they just don't let me off. Not wanting to disappoint those seniors after wasting so much time persuading, we made an agreement to 'test' this board for just a couple of weeks. Secretly, Jason and I pakat to quit later on when we got chance XD
After agreeing, they brought us INTO the VIAVB office!! (a place only for members, no outsiders) even ask us sit on the bench..I was stunned.. supposingly, those who enter this room have to go through orientation, but we were like VIPs..They even immediately promoted Jason and I into Seniors Post at that very moment.. Speechless, that's what I feel. Imagine getting promoted into so high post when you just joined the board.
Getting the privilege to use the office is not that bad after all. I get to use the bag racks, and a personal senior locker and a hideout 'khas untuk ponteng kelas =x'
I don't know how to explain this sudden changes.. But at least, I feel that I have no regrets for staying in this board now. The passion towards this board grows deeper when I stayed longer serving it..this can be explained cause Jason and I ended up staying in this board till we graduate as EXCOs of VIAVB 07/08.
Maybe I should thank my seniors for looking up on me and picking me into this board instead of the others. Really appreciate the chances given. I suddenly felt that...Shaun, you are finally shining after so many years =)
Chapter 18- Life as an NCO
This suppose to be the moment my batch is waiting for after 9 of us being promoted. We thought that our life will be so much easier than being juniors. It is true that we finally don't have to suffer physically. No more push-ups punishment, no more running around this big school (except those NCOs who lead the running squad). Instead, we are the ones giving commands, and punishments to our juniors for any misbehaves. We are currently act like some military officers xD Shout shout shout till my voice turned harsh eventually.
Thinking back, I guess I am the most fierce one among them..maybe that's what earned my nickname as the Devil NCO ==" This is not wanted I want one k..Every batch of NCO must have devil among 'em, too bad I joined the 'dark side' =P. I myself also can't even recall how many thousands of push-ups I have given to my juniors..hmm... Little that we know, we don't have to suffer physically but we somehow have to suffer mentally. Being pressured from the top brass is difficult, very.. if we lead in the wrong way, we still will get it from the Form 5 or even worse, Form 6.
Think of the bright side, I don't have to do anymore physical exercises and I earned myself another hideout- The RC Room !! No more physical exercises = I grow fatter again xP!!
Chapter 19 - VIAVB Senior
Being pulled into a new environment is hard to get myself used to it. Out of the sudden I have another bunch of juniors waiting for my orders. So basically I was controlling VIRCS and VIAVB juniors. What brought me headache is, I got no idea how this board functions and how to set things up as I am NEW. Kinda awkward to lead a bunch of juniors who know more than you.
Thankfully, Omar Ariff ( The Secretary ) and Joshua didn't hesitate to teach us everything we need to know. After some time, we finally got ourselves into this new life. However, although we got the authorisation power in hands, we are still running dogs of the EXCOs. Get scolded when didn't settle things on time. And the worst thing I dislike about this board, Fines!! Staying in this board makes me poorer day by day till at times I almost decided to get out of this life ASAP.
Gaining trust in my new juniors are even more difficult..life during the first few months is rough.
The VIAVB Form 6 divas...they wanted me to be their 'jimui'..The members of the board are nice, and that's one of the reason that made me stayed. Although being a Senior is tough, but I seriously learnt alot. Credits to RCG, it gave me my first chance to learn how to find sponsors from big companies, widen up my connections with outside schools, communicating with adults about organising events. The knowledge I treasure the most in this board is able to learn valuable Organising Skills. Besides, it made me feels like I am ready to take on the working life.
Chapter 20- Back to the Podium
The Dark History last year for VIRCS..for not winning a single competition last year, not even getting in to the top 3 came to an end at last this year 2007. First of all, we won 2nd placing in Sport's Day Footdrill. Quite disappointing though, cause we suppose to win but the drumbeat mistake of the Band made us messed up our footsteps at the final moment.
24/4/2007- We got back our Bronze Medal in A-Drill Comp. Unlike last year, we finally got back into the podium. It might not seem to be a great outcome but to us it's more than enough. We did not win a single thing last year. This year, the 9 of us proved that we are much better than last year's NCOs. Let's call it Renaissance Period for our society.
Chapter 21- Million apologises to VICLU
Tan Eng Hong, the then president of this club decided to train us (Me, Jeffrey & Meng Tsu) up to take over the club next year when we are form 5. He gave us tasks and wanted us to be the organising chirmen for various events organised by VICLU. That year, I was promoted to Form 4 Representatives. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to concentrate myself on this club. I already have myself tied up in sports and VIRCS. To make things worse, I even got myself into VIAVB this year. So, I can't possibly commit myself into so many places, I still gotta study man!!
I even tried my best to help out this club for VI Carnival Day but seems like I am just too busy after all.. Deeply, I wanted to apologise to everyone cause I was in the Committee but I can't help much. Maybe it was a mistake for me to get myself into the committee. I gratefully thanked those who took up my jobs when I wasn't around and cover up my duties. Feeling guilty, I decided to demote myself into normal member and get myself out of the committee, this is the best choice for myself and the club.
I thank everyone who helped me out and trusted me when I was with the committee.
Chapter 22- Inter-School Resource Centre Games (RCG) 2007
RCG, an auspicious event organised by school which hold the champion title. VIAVB had been organising this event for so many times till eventually it became a peak event for the board. At first, I don't even know what the heck is RCG. When I just knew about it, the EXCOs dumped all the organising jobs to us. Typing letters, asking permissions, finding players for every games, searching for school contacts, having inter-school meetings, finding sponsorships, inviting VIPs, setting up grounds, buying sport equipments, etc. I never knew organising an event need to go through so many stuffs. Plus this event is so huge, totalling up to 10 schools participating.
Although organising this event is hectic, I treasure the experiences I gained and the new friends I made. RCG has opened up my eyes. After so much difficulties, we made it through, the fruitful outcome satisfies us all and it turned out to be sweet memories. RCG ended with a blast.
~Us~
Overall Group Photo with All Schools
Chapter 20- Back to the Podium
The Dark History last year for VIRCS..for not winning a single competition last year, not even getting in to the top 3 came to an end at last this year 2007. First of all, we won 2nd placing in Sport's Day Footdrill. Quite disappointing though, cause we suppose to win but the drumbeat mistake of the Band made us messed up our footsteps at the final moment.
24/4/2007- We got back our Bronze Medal in A-Drill Comp. Unlike last year, we finally got back into the podium. It might not seem to be a great outcome but to us it's more than enough. We did not win a single thing last year. This year, the 9 of us proved that we are much better than last year's NCOs. Let's call it Renaissance Period for our society.
Chapter 21- Million apologises to VICLU
Tan Eng Hong, the then president of this club decided to train us (Me, Jeffrey & Meng Tsu) up to take over the club next year when we are form 5. He gave us tasks and wanted us to be the organising chirmen for various events organised by VICLU. That year, I was promoted to Form 4 Representatives. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to concentrate myself on this club. I already have myself tied up in sports and VIRCS. To make things worse, I even got myself into VIAVB this year. So, I can't possibly commit myself into so many places, I still gotta study man!!
I even tried my best to help out this club for VI Carnival Day but seems like I am just too busy after all.. Deeply, I wanted to apologise to everyone cause I was in the Committee but I can't help much. Maybe it was a mistake for me to get myself into the committee. I gratefully thanked those who took up my jobs when I wasn't around and cover up my duties. Feeling guilty, I decided to demote myself into normal member and get myself out of the committee, this is the best choice for myself and the club.
I thank everyone who helped me out and trusted me when I was with the committee.
Chapter 22- Inter-School Resource Centre Games (RCG) 2007
RCG, an auspicious event organised by school which hold the champion title. VIAVB had been organising this event for so many times till eventually it became a peak event for the board. At first, I don't even know what the heck is RCG. When I just knew about it, the EXCOs dumped all the organising jobs to us. Typing letters, asking permissions, finding players for every games, searching for school contacts, having inter-school meetings, finding sponsorships, inviting VIPs, setting up grounds, buying sport equipments, etc. I never knew organising an event need to go through so many stuffs. Plus this event is so huge, totalling up to 10 schools participating.
Although organising this event is hectic, I treasure the experiences I gained and the new friends I made. RCG has opened up my eyes. After so much difficulties, we made it through, the fruitful outcome satisfies us all and it turned out to be sweet memories. RCG ended with a blast.
~Us~
Overall Group Photo with All SchoolsI can't recall when this event took place, but I can only remember it ended at12/6/2007.
Chapter 23 - VI Carnival
Carnival took place on 16/6/2007 organised by VI Board of Chairmen. How grand it was? Lazy to tell, check the old newspaper ya? Haha.. I contributed on the coupons k, I chopped 300 of them. Actually, I didn't get to enjoy cause I was on my RC Duty the whole day. So, I was only able to watch the carnival's atmosphere. I wanted to help out VICLU sushi's booth but somehow, duty calls.
Chapter 24- Installation Day
Date : 18/6/2007, Monday
Place: VI Grand Hall
Time: During School assembly
Marked this day cause I finally got my metal badge and official tie. I finally joined the long sleeve group.
Chapter 25- Prefect?
26/6/2007
It had been quite some time now since I first experience my Form 4 life..and I don't know what kind of luck brought me into all the issues I was facing. I have finally got into a board and have the authority to wear Metal Badge and long sleeve shirt which many victorians dreamed to have such authority. By having these, I have actually made my dream come true, but things just don't get enough.
11am- I was called to Prefect's Room by Abang Aqram (Year 2009 Head Prefect). Not knowing what's happening. I approaced the room. I was SHOCKED when I was told by Cpl. Kennard that I was chosen to become a 'Temporary Prefect' in the first list. In RC list, only Kingsley and me was chosen. Prefect Board, one of the most respected board in the school, where only Form 5 and Form 6 are chosen. Only a small group of elites can be a prefect in VI. It was my wildest dream to be selected out of so many of them. From normal student to long sleeve and now prefect uniform? THis is just going too fast, I can't keep up with this pace.
However, things are getting more complicated after this selection. I have to give up VIAVB if I take on Prefect. This is some rules in VIAVB, only can choose one board. So I was in dilemma for quite some time deciding whether I should take on Prefect or otherwise.
Weeks after weeks, I went through interviews with Zack, hearing lectures from those abang prefects..but I still can't make up my mind. Should I let go of VIAVB after sacrificing so much of my effort and time on it and start back from zero on prefect board? Besides, I already put all my heart into VIAVB, and now you want me to let go? On the other hand, I used to dream of being a prefect one day and now's the chance..yet I hesitated.
Date:??/??/2007
Today will be the final date to decide, the principal called for an interview. Everyone in the TP list are called up, including me. At the same time, Cpl Joshua called for RC board meeting in RC Room. I asked permission from the abangs to meet up with Joshua. Eventually, I bumped into Theen Chuan and Jiun Kei. They took me into the Lecture Hall, sat in front of me and asking out for my decision on giving up VIAVB. They gave me a long talk, about their experiences, about prefects, about this board and their memories as well. Seems like they wanted me to stay after all. One important point I remembered from their long talk, the upcoming batch of EXCOs are only 3 of us ( Me, Jason and Cheng Yan, Ratheesh has been sacked) and if I leave, no one is there to lead, the board might crumble just like before I was brought in. Other points I have to shut it up cause it's private..
The passion towards this board finally made me stay till the end. I gave up Prefect at last. Oh well, Chee Hoe took on my place, he became prefect. Although I feel abit pain on making this decision, but thinking back, I have no regrets. It worth it though, I don't wanna start back from zero and waste all my effort on this board, I wanna lead, not to be a puppet under Upper Six EXCOs command in Prefect and go through harsh orientations again..anyway, I thank Kennard for looking up on me, but sorry to disappoint you.
In conclusion, I chose stayed with the board.
Chapter 26- Fortunates and Misfortunates on 28th July 2007
VIAVB sure forced me to organise lots of events...and finally my final huge event we form 4 seniors organised ends this date- VIAVB.. Experience I gained by organising this is- calling up seniors up to past 20 years, booking hotel ballroom, arranging sketch and performances and so much more. These experiences can never gain anywhere else other than this board.

I directed the whole story for the sketch, some weird and funny storyline I created. Cheng Yan in charge of the lightings while Jason and I are the speakers. By the way, Cheng Yan also did help out choosing fantastic soundtracks. Overall, this sketch was a blast and saved the Dinner's Performances. Below are my juniors, the actors and 'actresses'


Organising a formal dinner with just 3 of us sure is hard, but I treasure the time and effort we spent together. After the dinner, the EXCOs and Alumnis gave us very encouraging words for our future in VIAVB when we lead the board next year.

In between the annual dinner, something's up. Theen Chuan received a call- VI Scout's Den is on fire! wow..I thought it was just a prank. However, it really happened.
Although I am not in scouts, but I was with the scouts during the past. There were 2 Scout Groups in VI, 1st KL and 2nd KL which share the same scout den, each occupying half of it. Scouters used to hang out in this den and I can tell, this place is one of VI most valued heritage..and being burnt down by arsonists just like that?? How sarcastic.. I pitied my batch's Scouters as well, they have to shoulder the burden to rebuild this den and not able to use the senior's room after waiting for 5 whole years.

So, it seems like VIAVB Annual Dinner and the incident where Scout's Den being burnt down occured the same night!! Speechless.. 28th July 2007 is a date to remember.
Chapter 23 - VI Carnival
Carnival took place on 16/6/2007 organised by VI Board of Chairmen. How grand it was? Lazy to tell, check the old newspaper ya? Haha.. I contributed on the coupons k, I chopped 300 of them. Actually, I didn't get to enjoy cause I was on my RC Duty the whole day. So, I was only able to watch the carnival's atmosphere. I wanted to help out VICLU sushi's booth but somehow, duty calls.
Chapter 24- Installation Day
Date : 18/6/2007, Monday
Place: VI Grand Hall
Time: During School assembly
Marked this day cause I finally got my metal badge and official tie. I finally joined the long sleeve group.
Chapter 25- Prefect?
26/6/2007
It had been quite some time now since I first experience my Form 4 life..and I don't know what kind of luck brought me into all the issues I was facing. I have finally got into a board and have the authority to wear Metal Badge and long sleeve shirt which many victorians dreamed to have such authority. By having these, I have actually made my dream come true, but things just don't get enough.
11am- I was called to Prefect's Room by Abang Aqram (Year 2009 Head Prefect). Not knowing what's happening. I approaced the room. I was SHOCKED when I was told by Cpl. Kennard that I was chosen to become a 'Temporary Prefect' in the first list. In RC list, only Kingsley and me was chosen. Prefect Board, one of the most respected board in the school, where only Form 5 and Form 6 are chosen. Only a small group of elites can be a prefect in VI. It was my wildest dream to be selected out of so many of them. From normal student to long sleeve and now prefect uniform? THis is just going too fast, I can't keep up with this pace.
However, things are getting more complicated after this selection. I have to give up VIAVB if I take on Prefect. This is some rules in VIAVB, only can choose one board. So I was in dilemma for quite some time deciding whether I should take on Prefect or otherwise.
Weeks after weeks, I went through interviews with Zack, hearing lectures from those abang prefects..but I still can't make up my mind. Should I let go of VIAVB after sacrificing so much of my effort and time on it and start back from zero on prefect board? Besides, I already put all my heart into VIAVB, and now you want me to let go? On the other hand, I used to dream of being a prefect one day and now's the chance..yet I hesitated.
Date:??/??/2007
Today will be the final date to decide, the principal called for an interview. Everyone in the TP list are called up, including me. At the same time, Cpl Joshua called for RC board meeting in RC Room. I asked permission from the abangs to meet up with Joshua. Eventually, I bumped into Theen Chuan and Jiun Kei. They took me into the Lecture Hall, sat in front of me and asking out for my decision on giving up VIAVB. They gave me a long talk, about their experiences, about prefects, about this board and their memories as well. Seems like they wanted me to stay after all. One important point I remembered from their long talk, the upcoming batch of EXCOs are only 3 of us ( Me, Jason and Cheng Yan, Ratheesh has been sacked) and if I leave, no one is there to lead, the board might crumble just like before I was brought in. Other points I have to shut it up cause it's private..
The passion towards this board finally made me stay till the end. I gave up Prefect at last. Oh well, Chee Hoe took on my place, he became prefect. Although I feel abit pain on making this decision, but thinking back, I have no regrets. It worth it though, I don't wanna start back from zero and waste all my effort on this board, I wanna lead, not to be a puppet under Upper Six EXCOs command in Prefect and go through harsh orientations again..anyway, I thank Kennard for looking up on me, but sorry to disappoint you.
In conclusion, I chose stayed with the board.
Chapter 26- Fortunates and Misfortunates on 28th July 2007
VIAVB sure forced me to organise lots of events...and finally my final huge event we form 4 seniors organised ends this date- VIAVB.. Experience I gained by organising this is- calling up seniors up to past 20 years, booking hotel ballroom, arranging sketch and performances and so much more. These experiences can never gain anywhere else other than this board.

I directed the whole story for the sketch, some weird and funny storyline I created. Cheng Yan in charge of the lightings while Jason and I are the speakers. By the way, Cheng Yan also did help out choosing fantastic soundtracks. Overall, this sketch was a blast and saved the Dinner's Performances. Below are my juniors, the actors and 'actresses'


Organising a formal dinner with just 3 of us sure is hard, but I treasure the time and effort we spent together. After the dinner, the EXCOs and Alumnis gave us very encouraging words for our future in VIAVB when we lead the board next year.

In between the annual dinner, something's up. Theen Chuan received a call- VI Scout's Den is on fire! wow..I thought it was just a prank. However, it really happened.

So, it seems like VIAVB Annual Dinner and the incident where Scout's Den being burnt down occured the same night!! Speechless.. 28th July 2007 is a date to remember.


No comments:
Post a Comment