Monday, December 22, 2008

Pretty Face??

Being brought up in a all-boy's school make you see things from a different angle. Boys just love to judge the book by its cover, it's true no doubt, as we constantly label girls as 'pork chop' when they are ugly. We don't really care much about inner beauty, really..

However, one thing is true, pretty face do not last long as people aged but inner beauty may last for a lifetime.. It's not wrong to judge a person by his or her appearance but we still have to leave some space for their inner self, right?

Though all of us know how the 'reality' goes. External Beauty always go first.. thinking of this fact, I symphatised those who are born ugly, or were de-faced by accidents. This sounds similiar to The Phantom of The Opera, no? I deeply understands how it feels to be discriminated by others due to physical appearance. I also used to be a 'fatso' who everyone jeered at wherever I go. No one wants to make friend with me. All these people made me feel how evil this world is, and how selfish they are. Being isolated, I grew up on my own and I guess this is one reason why I am being cold today..

The feeling of being picked on by others just because of not having a 'pretty' face is not nice at all..but how many of us realised this. Funny, you can say to see me writing this down but I was once the guy being picked on. I really have really low self confidence and tends to stay away from socialising with the outside world, especially when communicating with the girls, coz my chubby face gets red easily!

Time flies, I grew up and no longer fatso..and I can see the difference of the old me and the new me. Still, I never crossed my mind before saying that I am really good looking now, but jokes around with my friends saying 'I am'. I don't really know what others think of me now, only that I still think that I am Ugly, but at least better than last time, I just cannot explain why. Guess I am still haunted by the past..

Besides, every guy wants a pretty and rich girlfriends, this also goes to the girls. But try think about it, will their beauty last forever, their wallets or their true self? Loving others for their face alone are not True Love..and has no blessings at all. At least, that's what I think. The truth in the current world is, hansome guys / pretty girls still have the edge =)

No comments: