Saturday, June 18, 2011

Remember When

Speaking of self-reflecting, I think I really should divert my focus away from studies today and quit whining on Biochemistry all-day-long. WTH, I think I just did it again!! ok, just stop.


Today, I came upon this very video today and found it to be extremely enthralling.




Perfect video for self-reflecting moments =) Just fell in love with the country-genre song I just discovered - Remember When by Alan Jackson.

This video moved me, and I hope it moved you too. A very fascinating combination of song and video at the same time. I kinda forget about the movie 'Up' I watched 2 years ago until I saw this video. It just moved me again..




Firstly, it touches love. This is like the ideal marriage life I would ask for. Wow, speaking of mediocrity. Yeah, I am indeed quite simple in asking for an ideal wife, accepting who I am, love me and willing to spend the rest of her life with me :)


Here's one fact about Shaun: he always speak about LengLuis but actually, he just TALKS BIG LOL one very berry bad habit :p I ain't really interested into going All-out like some paparazzi like I think I always describe myself as one, just ain't me. I did crazy things years ago but I find myself very amusing back then. Well, I just not really into any random chics I see, just like that. I am a guy after all, they just caught my attention, but that's it!! LOL


Of course, I'll be as loving as Carl~ (awww...what a liar!!) I'm actually pretty serious in what I said!! Nothing beats a peaceful, loving marriage with so much toleration and forgiveness. By the way, sharing the same common dream is a big plus point too, at least we can help each other to achieve it and nothing can beat the fact that we can share our joy together...and just grow old together, that's just life :)


Ok, let's put myself into Carl's shoes when knowing my wife can't give birth to a child..like Ellie. What will my reaction be?? For most, we would've divorced her and find another wife!! But he didn't, he stayed by her side till old age. That is what true love is all about..that is what I am truly searching. And the reason why I really don't fool myself into getting involve into any relationship that I think wouldn't last long.. That is why this big boy here still single!! For all my past histories, I really mean it to last. It is always not me to put a full-stop to every of it!! Hello~~cry of a victim here

So, babies or no babies..I really don't give a damn about all these things actually as long as she really matters to me. I would prefer to think this way - be happy with what we are given and just live the fullest out of it.


Aiming high, achieving dreams, striving for accomplishments..But it all boils down to this, we grow old one day, all of us. All great people end up in a way the same way, no matter how powerful they were, how smart they were, how rich they once were, they just can't escape death.
Being high-spirited, drafting out great goals, planning to take on your big dreams when you are young.. Will that very dream of yours fade and lost as time passes on? I am still consider myself young, I have wild dreams, unachievable ones waiting to be made possible. 40 years later, will I still hold onto it? I cannot guarantee.

In the vid, Carl and Ellie share BIG dreams as adventurers, but they were both tied up to their everyday-lives after they reached adulthood and the dream they both shared while they were young faded and only became mere painting on the wall!!



They lose control on their own lives, to live like most of the people out there who are considered "normal way to live". Work work work, pay bills, pay loans, taxes, groceries, and all other materialistic things On daily basis, there is no doubt most of the time are spent on work, earning big paychecks, purchasing things, live on the rest of the days like the others. And till the time they retire, they realized they have lose that much time..

We only live once, we should all be clear on what we hunger most. Burn the spirit to achieve it one day, don't let it put off. When you have to challenge the norm (like Carl pumping thousands of balloons to make his house a huge floating ship LOL!!), just go for it. Don't wait. We only live this very one life.


Close your eyes, reflect. What meant the most once to you. When you were young then, high-spirited. What did you left behind? What dreams you put off? Be truthful and may the light guides you.




I shall do some yoga and clear up more rubbish in my head tomorrow..1am now. Enough crapping :) goodnight.



A life lived that matters
Is not of circumstance
But of Choice


-Ys-

No comments: