Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Path as Victorian (Year 2006)

Chapter 9 - Beginning of a Brand New Me

Being a Form 3 in VI made me start to think further, plus being more matured. This is all thanks to my seniors who pushed me so hard by giving me all sorts of pressures from time to time and also not forgetting the support from my faithful friends.

This year is the year we are truely nutured into future leaders but still are 'SLAVES' for um...one last year? This is one of the most difficult year I went through in my life in VI. Everything seems to be determined in this one year, my future, my fate. Thus, I have to gain as many experience and knowledge as possible before stepping into my Senior's Life.

Moreover, my burden that year was even heavier due to PMR examinations. I screwed up my UPSR, getting only 6A1B, so I don't wanna screw up this PMR by getting another B!!

Chapter 10 - 3 Coklat

Correct, 2C to 3C.. I sat beside Victor (mr.monitor) again!!! LoL... so I hear lotsa stories again.. same as the year before, I managed to stay 1st the whole year round XP My greatest achievement academically so far is just getting 2nd whole form in mid-year, thanks to Jeremiah Lai (smartest boy in school), I can never be 1st whole form =( So, that's the highest position I achieved in this 5 years.

Chapter 11-Senior Private Shaun

This enters my life in VIRCS. Finally overcome all obstacles as RECRUIT and got promoted to SENIOR PRIVATE!! Cause I am still consider 'alone' in this society, I was extremely quiet and work along myself. There is still no unity in me during the beginning of the year, I am still a NOBODY basically. So, my life in the beginning of the year is still very difficult.

But, the strong-willed me continued on my journey in RC, not even thinking of Quiting although was constantly 'psychoed' by someone, thinking that I will only burden the batch. No matter how rough the path is for me, I have to carry on, that's the mentality that brought me up.

I was appointed to Mash Group, not a leader, not an assistant leader also, just a normal assisting member. There were 3 groups in total Paramedic, Legionnaire and Mash ( damn...dunno whether I am right, just guessing, can't recall!!)

2006.. the year I 1st joining A-Drill Squad. I had the disadvantage, I joined late, so I was not experienced like the others in my batch..so I had to catch up a lot.. I studied how the formations goes, the style of commands and marchings and catch up all important knowledge for future use if necessary.

4/4/2008- A-Drill competition...VIRCS did not get into the podium. Our hearts were shattered into pieces when the results was announced. We had trained so hard for months, with only one thought- to WIN. But luck wasn't by our side, we LOST.. after all the trainings under the terrible hot sun and also tremendous storm, we still failed....

This year surely marks an incredible deep scar in the history of VIRCS, a Dark History. We LOST in A-Drill and also SPORT's DAY.. Failures by failures, everything seemed not right at all this year. A dark history for our society, a shame and disgust for our alumnis. Deep in our heart, we swore for a comeback next year when we became true NCOs.

Chapter 12 -NCOC begins (30/11/2006)

The most memorable moment in my whole life is nonetheless, NCOC a.k.a. Non-Commisional Officer Course!!! This course is not as 'simple' as you guys think, it was a darn bloody hot HELL to us! Going through this is like going through a barrier that separates a human and a God XD The whole process about it...I can't reveal it here as it suppose to be a Top Secret for VIRCS. But what I can reveal is, this course is just Suicidal, a weak human really cannot go through this..trust me.  This course changed my entire life, my perspective in life, my mentality and physical of course XP

NCOC...led by bunch of 'demons', tested us 'senior privates' physically, mentality endurance..although it is extremely intense course, but the secret to overcome this is simple. IF you are my junior reading this right now, one piece of advice, just don't think of QUITing half-way, you hear?! My batch, from 14 at first if I not mistaken...dropped to 10 of them after pre-NCOC. 4 of em quited during pre.. but the real NCOC, we went through sweat and tears, finally ended with a feeling of victorious at the end of the day. However, only 9 went through.. 1 of em decided to quit on the 5th day, only 2 more days man!!! And we cried for him.. feeling sad as we thought we could go through this together. As what Corporal Kennard once said, our batch suppose to be a PERFECT NUMBER 10!!

I bled, I bruised, I cried, I suffered in vain ( sounds bombastic a little)...this is what made me stronger after the whole process.. many might think that this kind of course is an abuse and should be stopped. But from my point of view, although it might seems too much for a school kid, but it really helps to bring a person up to a new, different level, making him a totally different person, perhaps a much better person. I can really say that the exact moment Yu Shaun was noticed in this society is during NCOC.. Finally I got noticed by others. Finally I learnt what is Unity. Finally I found out who are my 'Brothers' in VIRCS. The utmost priority of this whole course is nothing more than UNITY, no one can go through this alone, without friendship, no matter how high you climb, you will still feel empty. 9 of us, 1 heart, nothing is impossible, cherish this brotherhood forever. Although at times I felt that it's quite lame to keep on mentioning the word UNITY, let the actions do the talking shall we?

The 9 of us who emerged victorious

(me at the most right)

Chapter 13- CLU

CLU- Chinese Language Union, another society that I also joined in this school, brought in by Shee Yew. All this while, I wasn't active until year 2006. I finally decided to be active again in CLU, with fellow Meng Tsu, Jeffrey and Shee Yew, the only 3 active form3 members that time. I started getting involved in all kinds of events, gatherings and meetings. I got the chance to meet all different people from different schools and made many friends, just the same in Interact Club. This year is the year I start building up connections with others. No doubt, I actually met 'her' during my involvement in this society. 

Chapter 14- A Vacation

Right after NCOC is my vacation to Bangkok..can't recall so much now, just remembered I saw many A-Quas there and dropped one tooth of mine, hahaha.. I bought a necklace of a "Cross" there, and I am still wearing it now!! It actually has a meaning for me, it symbolises all the ups and downs I went through in year 2006, especially as a 'rememberance' for this year NCOC =)

One more thing I recall is, my body that time was HOT!!! My physical condition was tip top at that moment. thanks to all the trainings I had in RC, my muscles sure grown HUGE, call me mr. Incredible HulK =P sorry no pix, ppl started calling me gay edi for posting those photos..haha

Chapter 15- PMR

Aside from my involvement in other clubs in school, I can never EVER neglect my studies. Though, I can hardly  find time to really concentrate.

PMR~Comes so fast and ends so soon!!! In a Blink of an eye, PMR's over and the result is out!! Thank god I overcome my nightmare, I scored 7A's babe!! No Beeeess~~

No comments: