The last visit I went for to observe the marching squad is a week before the Sports Day. Frankly speaking, the squad is in a disappointment as they had so much flaws on the day I visited. Hand swings, Synchronization, the basic stomach-in, chest-out, stampings, and even the NCOs commands...all are not in the tip top form to face the competition on Sports Day, which was just about 4 days more. Just by observing, I can already predict the outcome of the competition, base on the performance, they can hardly get into the podium.
Perhaps it's because this is the first time newbies (the form 1's) are also cramped into the squad.
Before leaving em, I just gave some words of encouragement to the members and some suggestions to overcome the flaws. All I have for them is hope, just pray for them.
28th March
VI Sports Day. As expected, VIRCS didn't get into the podium. Not even securing the third place. Thus, the defending champion VIRCS had to give up the champion title to 2nd KL Scouts Group.
Things get even more embarrassed cause Sergeant Amir Malik was also watching over them. Little that we expect that this ex-president of RC has been showing his support for the society for so many years. Imagine with so high expectation from him, RC failed to live up its reputation. I wasn't present on that day itself but I knew everything that happened.
One of the most embarrassing moment for the society.
7th April
A-Drill Competition held at Padang Palapes, UM (the same spot the competition is held last year). As the sayings in RC always goes : If you can't even win Sports Day, don't even dream of winning the A-Drill!!! Thus, I don't put much hope on them. Till Jason informed me that RC won the silver medal. That was a shocking news, they got 2nd??!! and last year we only got 3rd, while I was the commander.
Every alumnis were also surprised with the result. We did not expect them to better us out. Perhaps Sgt. Amir, Chin Hong and the Form 5 gave them last minute words of encouragements that finally made them perform. Or maybe the embarassment they encounter on Sports Day awakened their spirit to win something.
It's been quite a memory thinking about all the medals we won during our time. The unity, the friendship, the lust for victory.
Congratulations, VIRCS marching squad '09, you guys finally proven something to us.
Last year bronze, this year silver, next year...make it gold.
Once upon a time.. in year 2008



No comments:
Post a Comment